ExtendAir G2: All-Outdoor, GigE Microwave Systems for Short-to-Medium Haul Applications
ExtendAir G2 systems are low cost high performance, point-to-point Gigabit Ethernet radios built for use in bands from 6 to 42 GHz. Designed to deliver guaranteed full-duplex Ethernet throughput up to 370 Mbps for short-haul and medium range applications, the ExtendAir G2 all-outdoor radios are rugged, zero footprint systems requiring no cabinet space. Exalt's ExtendAir G2 yields a cost-effective, yet feature rich radio solution for service provider and enterprise applications where high reliability transmission is critical. ExtendAir G2 features include:
- Single-unit sparing. A single ExtendAir G2 radio can be used to spare an entire 6, 11, 15, 18, 23, 24 or 38 GHz frequency band, thanks to the industry's first field-replaceable diplexer in an all-outdoor radio. Compared to traditional approaches, the use of ExtendAir G2 drops the cost of spares by up to 90%.
- Errorless adaptive modulation. With a rate adaptation range of 256QAM to QPSK, ExtendAir G2 can be used to deliver even higher ranges and data rates at high availability levels, then temporarily reduce throughput in the event of a fade while still ensuring the delivery of high priority traffic.
- Data networking. ExtendAir G2 systems support jumbo frames and incorporate full Layer 2 switching along two GbE ports in combination with critical features such as 802.1Q (VLAN tagging), 802.1p (QoS) and Ethernet rate limiting.
- Remote management. ExtendAir G2 systems include a full set of remote management tools such as Telnet/Command Line Interface (CLI), RS232, HTTP, HTTPS and SNMPv1, v2c and v3.
- High security. ExtendAir G2 systems allow network managers to support the most stringent security requirements with hardware-based FIPS 197-compliant AES 128-bit and 256-bit encryption for data traffic protection and support for both encrypted SNMP v3 and SSL/SSH to ensure management security.
ExtendAir G2 all-outdoor licensed systems are available in the ANSI/FCC 11, 18, 23, 24 and 38 GHz bands and the ITU/ETSI 7, 8, 13, 15, 18, 23 and 38 GHz bands. For immediate requirements in other bands, please contact Exalt.
ExtendAir systems are available in the following interface configurations:
*XX denotes frequency, e.g. 07, 08, 11, 13, 15, 18, 23, 24, 38
Like all Exalt radio systems, the ExtendAir G2 all-outdoor licensed radios are fully software defined and software configurable, easily scaling to 370 Mbps full-duplex. License key upgrades are used to augment base Ethernet capacity from 25 to 370 Mbps and to enable other optional features.
|Feature||Description and Benefits|
- Enables a single ExtendAir unit to spare an entire band (e.g. 23 GHz), cutting the cost of spares by 50% to 90% versus comparable all-outdoor or split-mount systems
|Ultra-compact, zero footprint|
- At 9.5 lb / 4.3 kg, ExtendAir minimizes visual impact and tower loading and maximizes installer safety
- Zero indoor footprint simplifies and reduces the cost of deployment
|Errorless Adaptive Modulation|
- Dynamically adjusts from 256QAM to QPSK to deliver guaranteed throughput during periods of inclement weather.
- Provides high availability for high priority traffic
- ExtendAir G2's low power consumption means it can be powered using off-the-shelf 802.3at compliant Power-over-Ethernet devices.
- Non-proprietary PoE reduces the costs of spares holdings by giving you a choice of devices that can be used.
|Native Ethernet with two GigE Ethernet ports|
- Provides up to 370 Mbps full-duplex throughput
- Ensures that the radio adds no additional packet delay, unlike systems that map Ethernet over TDM
- Allows ExtendAir to offer low-latency over Gigabit Ethernet at full throughput
- Allows sustained throughput independent of packet size or traffic loading conditions
- Allows for direct switching of traffic from tow IP devices or back-to-back repeater configurations without the use of an external switch
- Reduces hardware costs for cable runs, surge suppressors and switches (depending upon application requirements)
|Advanced data networking|
- QoS (802.1p) featuring 8 priority levels and 8 individual queues provides a high degree of flexibility for traffic classification
- Data ports can be assigned and managed using VLAN IDs (802.1q) with additional port-specific Ethernet rate limiting
- Administrators can choose from a variety of classification mechanisms: 802.1p bits, VLAN ID, source MAC address and destination MAC address
- Built-in low-latency switch supports jumbo frames up to 9720 bytes.
- Available 128-bit and 256-bit AES provide the highest level of data security available, meeting stringent NIST FIPS 197 standards
- Hardware-based encryption ensures that latency is unaffected when data is running over an encrypted link
- Management traffic security can be assured through use of encrypted SNMPv3 or secure socket layer (SSL/SSH)
ExtendAir G2 All-Outdoor Licensed System Applications
The ExtendAir G2 licensed series radios are designed to serve a wide range of Ethernet/IP applications, including:
- Mobile backhaul. The licensed ExtendAir G2 solutions are the ideal system for cost-effective edge backhaul of 3G and 4G/LTE base station traffic. Its zero footprint design minimizes site costs while single-unit sparing keeps inventory costs to a minimum. ExtendAir G2 easily supports the growing capacity requirements from 3G to 4G/LTE traffic.
- IP backhaul for Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs). ExtendAir G2's zero footprint form factor minimizes site costs, while upgradeable capacity provides pay-as-you-grow CAPEX deferral. Field-replaceable diplexers dramatically reduce the number of spares required, further reducing overall deployment costs.
- Government Networks. With a high level of security with FIPS-compliant 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption, ExtendAir G2 provides government networks with a secure, scalable backhaul solution for video surveillance backhaul, P25 network backbones, or secured inter-building network extensions.
- Private Networks. ExtendAir G2 brings affordable network expansion and connectivity backbones for education (K-12, university), healthcare, corporations and businesses looking to eliminate recurring costs due to leased circuits. ExtendAir G2 also provides an inexpensive alternate backup route for mission critical and business continuity applications.