All-Outdoor, 5 GHz Ethernet and PDH Microwave Systems for Business-Critical LAN, Voice, Last-Mile and Backhaul Applications
Starting at under US$5,000 per link, the ExtendAir® all-outdoor 5 GHz systems comprise a complete line of entry-level microwave radios delivering high-end performance, range capability and data networking and security features never before seen in this price category.
ExtendAir is the first and only radio in the category explicitly designed for high performance LOS point-to-point operation. The majority of radios in the 5 GHz category are based on Wi-Fi™ or OFDM – technologies designed for best effort access and simply repurposed for point-to-point operation. Compared to these systems, the ExtendAir all-outdoor 5 GHz systems offer:
The only native TDM capability
The highest single channel throughput in the category – 160 Mbps
The highest throughput at any distance
The longest range at any throughput level
The lowest TDM and Ethernet latency – as low as 1 ms
For a full comparison between ExtendAir and the best-in-class 802.11n point-to-point system, go the the ExtendAir technology brief.
The ExtendAir All-Outdoor 5 GHz Lineup
The ExtendAir all-outdoor 5 GHz radios are tri-band systems capable of operating in the 5.3, 5.4 and 5.8 GHz bands. There are eight ExtendAir models, each designed to meet a different set of application and deployment requirements.
|Maximum aggregate Ethernet throughput (Mbps)||160||160||160||160||160||160||160||160|
|Maximum TDM capacity|| || || || ||4xT1/E1||4xT1/E1||4xT1/E1||4xT1/E1|
|Base Ethernet throughput (Mbps)||27||27||27||27||27||27||0||0|
|Base TDM capacity (#T1/E1)|| || || || ||4||4||2||2|
|# Fast Ethernet ports||1||1||3||3||1||1||1||1|
|Integrated antenna||✓|| ||✓|| ||✓|| ||✓|| |
|Native TDM|| || || || ||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|128- and 256-bit AES encryption||opt.||opt.||opt.||opt.||opt.||opt.||opt.||opt.|
ExtendAir All-Outdoor 5 GHz Applications
The ExtendAir all-outdoor 5 GHz radios are designed to serve a wide range of IP/Ethernet and TDM applications, including:
- IP backhaul for wireless ISPs. ExtendAir's guaranteed throughput and upgradeable capacity provide rock-solid reliability and pay-as-you-grow deployment flexibility.
- Subscriber access for wireless ISPs. With guaranteed throughput, high interference resistance, VLAN, QoS and rate limiting, ExtendAir is the best option on the market for managing last-hop access and meeting service level agreements.
- Mobile backhaul. ExtendAir is the only radio in the category that transports TDM natively (no protocol conversion required), delivering the low, constant latency that TDM systems require.
- P25 and Land Mobile Radio backhaul. Only native TDM systems like ExtendAir can meet the latency requirements of emergency and field communications systems.
- Campus connectivity. Support for native TDM ensures toll-quality voice while QoS, VLAN and rate limiting allow network policies to easily extend across the link, while ensuring the quality of latensy-sensitive applications such as VoIP and video.
- Video surveillance backhaul. ExtendAir's variable throughput symmetry maximizes spectral efficiency in spectrum-limited environments, while collocation ability and optional 3xFE (r5005, rc5005) simplifies dense camera placement challenges and minimizes required equipment.